SketchDeck is growing fast and we have even bigger goals for the future. Our software platform plays a central role in this. We have an exciting set of product & engineering challenges to solve and a growing team to help solve them. We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic and experienced CTO to lead our product and engineering effort and help build the future of design.
We’re a design agency-meets-tech startup. Every day we create hundreds of designs for companies you know and love. At the heart of what we do is a tech platform that brings together designers, project managers and clients into a big creative dance – this platform is what helps us grow quickly, and what we need your help to grow.
We’re looking for a CTO to own product and lead our engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to have a real impact on a growing technology startup.
- Ensure the overall success of Technology and Product development in SketchDeck
- Work with CEO on product vision and roadmap, ensuring product goals are met
- Manage, coach and grow the engineering team
- Talk to users and ensure they have a delightful experience
- Own and maintain product architecture
- Work the full stack: release, improve and maintain our platform and infrastructure
- Create an intuitive, engaging asset manager to showcase the design we create
- Improve the efficiency and speed of project delivery
- Create a SketchDeck mobile experience
- Create valuable integrations with Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc
Here is our tech stack today:
- AWS, including:
- Elastic beanstalks running Docker images
- Simple Queue System
- RDS (MySQL)
- Coffeescript running on Client and NodeJS
- Jade, Less
- We have a range of different servers:
- Webservers running RPC and serving a single page web app
- Kafka workers moving data to secondary stores and running micro-services
- API servers
- SQS workers running small jobs
You can read more about what our engineering team are up to on our blog.