CD Projekt Red has released the Xbox One X patch for all versions of The Witcher 3 on the platform. The patch adds high dynamic range (HDR) color support to the game, but like the PlayStation 4 Pro patch, it offers two different graphics modes.
The first is the 4K Mode, which aims for 4K resolution at 30fps. The lsecond mode is the Performance Mode, which uses dynamic resolution to target 60fps. Players can switch between both modes in the game’s Display options.
- 2 new graphic modes: 4K Mode and Performance Mode
- support for 4K resolution
- HDR support
- enhanced shadows, ambient occlusion and texture filtering
- higher resolutions textures
- dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p to 4K)
The PlayStation 4 Pro patch did not have HDR support, but CD Projekt Red said there would be a new patch for that platform soon. There is no word off HDR support for PC.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.