Technology and Home Security Wed
Gone is the day when, while out on a romantic evening with your special someone, you suddenly realize you forgot to turn on your house alarm. You spend the rest of the long evening fretting about this.
Nowadays, all you need do is whip out your smartphone and activate the alarm. You can even view the interior and exterior of your property in realtime with smarthome security cameras. And rest assured, if someone breaks in while your eyes are glued to the big movie screen, you’ll get a vibration alert.
We are getting closer and closer to a Jetson’s lifestyle; you know, George Jetson, the cartoon character who lives in the future? The Jetson household includes a female-looking robot dressed as a maid.
A house robot is no longer the thing of science fiction. Google is working on creating a robot that will help protect the house (and cleaning it is already being done with a Roomba). One of the tasks this robot would be able to do is prevent false alarms with the home security system. “What can be conceived can be achieved,” so the saying goes.
- Laser beams have been in existence for a while, that can detect motion and set off an alarm.
- But this technology has much room for advancement in the security world and is growing.
- Like an airplane on autopilot, your home’s security system will one day truly be on autopilot, with you at the helm no matter where you are.
- But remember, robots, laser beams and other forms of technology will never replace common sense. You can have the most state-of-the-art technology working to protect your house, car, boat, even your person (with smartphone apps that can sense an unintentional fall, or with one touch of a button, summon an emergency response and give out your GPS coordinates) – but all this may mean zilch if you’re not wearing a seatbelt or if you’re texting while driving. Or if you’re climbing up on the rails of the cruise ship you’re on.
- So even though the war against home intruders is closing in on them, sometimes our greatest enemy is oneself.
- In the meantime, take advantage of what the booming home security market has to offer. Home security companies typically offer free consultations.
Want Us to Review a Company?
If there is a home security company that you don’t see on our site, and would like us to review, please
REAL REVIEWS (YES THEY’RE REAL)
We are dedicated to bringing the truth out, and rank home security companies as they should be. Through our investigation, and experience with each company, we rank each company, and bring you our honest, unbiased opinion. We also include authentic user reviews by past customers of each company that are moderated and verified.
Like many sites, we are compensated through affiliate relationships with each company we review, however all of our rankings are based on our 9-Point Ranking Criteria.
All reviews are subject to moderation and approval. Any reviews that may resemble false information, or competitors of another company will need to be verified by our staff before being approved and published. We reserve the right to approve or deny any reviews left on this site.