If you’re a Xbox One Insider, you may be able to download a brand-new update. A Preview alpha build is now available for download for some players who take part in the Insiders Program, which allows players to test out new system and games features before they go live to all other players. Some new features will be available right away, with others rolling out over the next several weeks.
The biggest addition coming for Xbox Insiders is the Next Achievements feature in the guide. Now, those who test new features and games from Xbox One will be able sort a cross-games list of upcoming Achievements. This way, you can easily see which Achievements you’re closest to and quickly launch the game to achieve them. You can also sort your Achievements by how rare they are.
Mini Game Hubs will also be available right in the guide, which means you’ll be able to access game content from games you’ve recently played without having to leave the Game Hub itself. Mini Game Hubs allow you to easily see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more.
There are also a few tweaks to social settings. A Do Not Disturb online status is coming, which will suppress notifications and let your friends know you’re unavailable at the moment. Comments on community posts are also getting an adjustment, and soon you’ll be able to peek at the most recent comment and see who has liked your comments. The Narrator is also now able to read large amounts of text.
The alpha build will also add additional inactivity shut down options to the power mode and the startup menu. You’ll now be able to shut down the console after two, three, four, and five hours of inactivity. Some Insiders will also see “additional experimental features” to gauge interest and collect feedback on them.
Xbox is also investigating a series of issues and working out bug fixes, in this latest build, for the issues below:
- A fix is now being determined for guide/home crashes. In the interim, Insiders are being asked to do hard reboot by holding the power button down for ten seconds to fix this issue.
- For users encountering issues where some installed games are failing to launch: If the games are installed to an external drive, Insiders are being asked to copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and re-download.
- Xbox is investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
- Xbox is looking into a few localization issues, as well:
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- The left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- The left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew/
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.