View Search is a dubious browser extension designed to supply advertisements on Google Chrome and Safari browsers. As of this point, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and other known browser is not affected by View Search ads.
This unwanted program is spread through various open-source programs that are using collective setup procedure. Normally, View Search and some adware that are bundled to it are installed on the computer without any notification. They were proceeding with the setup and system configuration without user’s consent. In most scenarios, users have no idea how the product gets inside the computer and how it was able to carry out critical changes.
The surprise attack on Mac system by View Search can be misunderstood as virus infection. To make it clear, adware is not as dangerous as computer virus. In particular, View Search is an ad-supported program, which people can use on daily basis. But, you must be aware that it may consume resources on your computer when it starts to flash advertisements right at your browser. View Search is an online shopping adware that typically publish deals, coupon codes, online sales, and other savings from various advertisers.
If your Macintosh system is suffering from sluggishness due to excessive ads by View Search, then you need to get rid of this adware immediately. Combined software or adware that arrives with it is another thing that you must take out from Mac computer.
View Search Removal Procedures
Below are several steps that you should carry out to delete View Search adware from Mac computer. We highly recommend executing both manual removal and thorough scanning of the system using the provided tool.
Delete View Search from Safari browser
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select “Extensions” tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select View Search from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item. Another thing to delete that is linked to the adware is a browser hijacker called SearchAssist.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside “Enable View Search extension” or similar entry. You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next steps.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on “Go“. Then, select “Go to Folder“.
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- com.View Search.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
- View Search
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of View Search to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of View Search
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select “Open” from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the “Scan” button to start checking the computer for presence of View Search and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on “Remove Selected Items” to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing View Search. Your computer should now be malware free.