However, that changes today, as Microsoft has announced that it will be rolling out a new system update (1804.180305-1900) for the Beta ring at 6 p.m. PST today. This update, build 17115 – same as the build number currently in the Xbox Insider Alpha ring, Windows 10 Slow and Fast rings – will roll out with the features announced to be coming in version 1804 for the Xbox One consoled. The features include support for 1440p displays, Mixer improvements, Microsoft Edge browser overhaul, new audio controls and more.
However, along with the features come a set of fixes and a list of known issues.
Fixed several issues to improve the reliability and usability of game installations, updates, and content management.
- Fixed an issue which impacted transferring content between drives.
- Enabling the download 4K updates checkbox will now cause 4K updates to show up in the Updates tab of My games & apps.
- Fixed an issue where installations interrupted due to slow network conditions could fail to automatically resume.
- Fixed an issue where a “You need to free up space” dialog was displaying too often.
- Fixed a bug where all items in the install Queue could show as “Queued” without making progress.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused an incorrect Profile color to be used when powering on the console.
- We have resolved issues with RGB colors when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
And here are the known issues:
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- We have identified an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Start Background Music and goto the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.
- In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.
- In the Plex App some users are experiencing buffering. We are actively investigating this issue. Workaround – You can back out of the Plex app to home then go back into the Plex app and playback continues.
- The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users. Workaround – Please check for an update for the Netflix app.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.
- We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.
- The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text.Workaround – Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation and please provide the make and model of your TV and the firmware version.
- We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.
- Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Some users are experiencing a problem in which the Store App is failing to update. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
Casting from the Xbox – Apps such as YouTube
- Automatic discovery over WiFi is currently not working correctly. The YouTube app relies on this to make pairing seamless (Link with Wi-Fi). There is a known issue with uPnP and state separation that is being investigated. In the meantime, please use the second pairing method in the YouTube app. Launch the YouTube app then go to Setting à Link TV and Phone à Link with TV Code. Follow the directions on screen.
- We are aware that the Schedule details is missing after you re-select your schedule from Dark or Light in Theme.
- Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
The post also notes a revamped experience for Xbox Live Gold that includes a dedicated tab to quickly view and access all redeemed Games with Gold that can be installed, is coming to insiders to test in the coming weeks as part of the experimental features that a subset of users will find.
As always, it is highly recommended that you go through the list of known issues before you go ahead and install the build.