Search.nunu-app.com Removal Procedures
The following instructions will guide you to get rid of Search.nunu-app.com. We highly advise that you fully execute the given procedure to completely remove the unwanted program from your Mac system.
Delete Search.nunu-app.com from Safari browser
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select “Extensions” tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.nunu-app.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside “Enable Search.nunu-app.com extension” or similar entry. You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next steps.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on “Go“. Then, select “Go to Folder“.
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.nunu-app.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.nunu-app.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.nunu-app.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select “Open” from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the “Scan” button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.nunu-app.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on “Remove Selected Items” to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.nunu-app.com. Your computer should now be malware free.
Reset Safari Homepage and Search Engine
2. Choose Preferences from the Safari menu that can be found on upper left corner of the browser.
3. Select General tab, and then look for Homepage section.
4. Replace Search.nunu-app.com with your preferred default Homepage.
5. On the same Tab, go to Default Search Engine section.
6. Replace the current entry with you preferred search engine.
Search.nunu-app.com is a questionable search engine that promotes a program called MacKeeper. Prior to redirection to said URL, extension or unwanted program needs to configure the browser to take control of its homepage and search settings. Thus, makers of Search.nunu-app.com made sure that it would reach every computer through various shareware and third-party applications. The method of this distribution is called bundling. Collections of programs are packed into one installation file so that everything is installed in single process.
Beware that software bundles may disguise as installer for free games, multi-media players, download helper, file manager, critical software update, and so on. Hence, it is advise to obtain free software only from legitimate websites and official webpage.
When your homepage and new tab keeps on redirecting to Search.nunu-app.com, it is possible that you have acquired an adware-associated freeware. Searching the internet from homepage or via address bar of the browser will give the same results. It seems that everything is taken over by Search.nunu-app.com at this point. This course of actions will continue as long as the unwanted program is present on the computer.
The only approach to stop the redirect and hijacking issue is to get rid of the principal culprit, which is the browser extension. Complete guide to remove Search.nunu-app.com is included on this page. Make sure to execute the procedures in exact approach to totally eliminate the adware.